Saturday, July 17, 2010

Story of Today: Saturday


8:00am - Griffin and Nicholas had some father and son time while I slept in this morning. That's not to say he wasn't happy to see me when I finally woke up. :)


8:30am - My parents came over for breakfast. I talked Nicholas into making pancakes.


9:30am - My grandmother also came over and the entire gang had breakfast together. It's probably the first time we've all eaten together in over a month since SOME people decided to go on big European vacations.

10:22am - It's always nice to have a few quiet moments together when everyone leaves.


12:00pm - Ron worked on installing the door on our laundry room and we also had someone come by and finally clean our gutters. Mom came back over for lunch and made B.L.T.'s with our Amish tomatoes which were delicious!


2:00pm - I made peach honey from the skins leftover from our canning adventures.

3:30pm - The rest of the afternoon I spent running some errands so I could make this plate for a birthday party we were attending tonight. I was pretty happy with the results.


6:00pm - The birthday party was for our friends Chad and Elizabeth Dorsey's son William. They had a cookout with hamburgers, hot dogs, and a ton of screaming children. We decided not to eat the last one.

8:00pm - The birthday boy was pretty hilarious and sang Happy Birthday to himself at the top of his lungs along with everyone else.



9:00pm - Our poor baby got in bed WAY past his bedtime. I worked on clearing off my hard drive (apparently taking 300 pictures a day stops it up) and watched several hilariously dated episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer - including one where the internet gets possessed by a demon and hijinks ensue!

No comments: