Friday, July 09, 2010

Crafty

Oh, I've been on a roll people. I finished my craft/exercise/laundry room (pictures to come soon) and all of sudden all these projects I never had room to do before were all but completing themselves!

First, I've had this little book-as-picture-frame project on my list for YEARS. Literally, I tore it out of a magazine probably five years and I'm so glad I held onto it because it turned out so well!










Next, I finally framed my Secret Service buttons. When I did advance for Hillary, the agents would give you these little buttons to wear so that they knew you were legit.




















I also framed my NOW round from the March for Women's Lives. I was allowed backstage to collect autographs from all the celebrities in attendance. They auctioned off the actual sign at a fundraiser but I made a copy and kept the marker they all used. I met SO many awesome people that day: Sheryl Crow, Susan Sarandon, Julianne Moore, Ed Harris, Ashley Judd, Whoopi Goldberg, Wanda Sykes, you name 'em - if they're liberal, I met them!
















And for my pièce de résistance I turned $5 worth of burlap into an outdoor rug!!! I am SO happy with the result.

Here's the tutorial if anyone is interested.

No comments: