Friday, January 12, 2007

Update


For those of you who have had the pleasure of speaking with me over the past couple of weeks, you probably know I had recently applied for a job on the Hill. I got all excited about the Democratic majority and decided I just couldn't wait till May to get in on the action.

It was a pretty stressful application process because it basically came to a stand still over break and I didn't get an interview until the New Year. This last week has been absolute torture waiting to hear back and I have been not so much fun to be around. But the waiting came to an end today...

I didn't get the job.

And you know what? I'm strangely ok with it. I thought I was totally over school and ready to be out there working. But then I registered for some really cool classes and I realized I'd almost be disappointed if I had to drop them and switch to night classes. (Let's not even talk about working full time and taking night classes). Plus, I only have one more semester with my friends before we all scatter to the four winds. Not to mention, I have a four day weekend EVERY WEEK. And as my friend Laura put it, I'd basically be paying to work for a semester.

So I guess I'll just suffer through one more semester of a student's schedule complete with morning yoga classes and Friday matinées with my friends. (We just saw Dream Girls - whoa!)

But come May...watch out because I'll be rested and raring to go ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All things work out for the best. Maybe this means there is a job waiting for you on the Republican side. I love you no matter what.

Love
Daddy

Anonymous said...

I agree with your dad!!!LOL...I am sure there is something ten times better out there waiting for you!

Sarah said...

Thanks both of you - it really means a lot :)