Thursday, January 25, 2007

Miscellaneous

Ok so I've got to get a couple of things of my chest:
- For the hundreth time today, I told someone about my plans to move back to Kentucky and their immediate question was "What about your husband!?!" Seriously, I'm over it. First, something tells me if the situation was reversed the first thing people asked Nicholas would not be about me. Second, do you honestly think I would move without Nicholas?!? How would I eat, people? Third, give me enough credit to have discussed this major life decision with my spouse. We've spent hours on this and I'm sure we'll spend hours more so just the back the heck off already.

- The Fountainhead is really really long.

- I haven't written a lot about my personal dietary guidelines b/c let's fact it, as most of you know, I can get a tad preachy when I talk about nutrition. But I just have to take a moment to pat myself on the back. I get the Nutrition Action Newsletter from the Center for Science in the Public Interest (really the gold standard when it comes to nutrition, not some crunch granola mag). The recent issue has ten New Years Resolutions they recommend and can I just say I am really ahead of the game.
1. Eat bran cereal in place of other cereal (I'm about 3 grams short of what they recommend so I will be switching next week).
2. Eat less meat or go meatless (Duh, haven't eaten meat since May 2003).
3. Let beans squeeze out starches (As my old boss used to say, "Never met a bean I didn't like).
4. Don't drink your calories (Haven't had soda since May 2006).
5. Hold the cheese (Getting much better at this, although I won't EVER be asking anyone to hold half the cheese on my pizza).
6. Snack smart (Not perfect, would say I crumble (ha! no pun intended) and eat a cookie as a snack once...ok twice a week).
7. Make it salmon, not tuna (Tuna's too meaty for me so I haven't had it in months).
8. Sip soup, not salt (I o nly eat Nicholas's leftover soup, not processed).
9. Roast vegetables, not potatoes (Could work on this but I always have vegetables WITH my potatoes, does that count?).
10. Finish with fruit (Biggest weakness, always eat chocolate or other baked good when I have dessert).

- I'm feeling a little bit stressed about the upcoming transition in my life. I'm not used to not being 100% sure what I want to do next and it's freaking me out. Just thought I'd share.

- My husband just bought wireless headphones so I wouldn't be forced to listen to football. If that doesn't make him the best husband in the world, I don't know what does. I'll take that kind of consideration over roses any day. ;)

- For two weeks in a row, while watching Must See TV, I have laughed out loud, made Nicholas rewind it, then kept the funny moment on my TIVO so I could watch it again.

- My new cellphone would be substantially more phone if they didn't charge FOR EVERYTHING. Seriously, anything fun it does they charge for it. Except video messaging, still waiting for those emails people!

I think that's it. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean, you wouldn't try the Jessica/Craig social experiment and leave the Mister behind in DC while you trek to the great state of KY?

It's sooooo much fun explaining to a million people a day that your husband lives in another state.

Christina said...

I totally get your point, and agree with it, but "How would I eat people?" made me laugh. I think a comma might help there, unless y'all are actually cannibals, and Nicholas does all the hunting.

Just saying.