Thursday, March 29, 2007

I own a lot of clothes


Closet Clean-up
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.

At the start of every season, I always try to go through my closet and get rid of things I haven't worn or are worn out or can't figure out why I bought in the first place. This year I decided to actually count what I own as a little extra mental motivation.

The Grand Tally:
75 shirts
24 skirts
18 sundresses
16 blazers
8 trousers
8 jeans
5 cocktail dresses

Pretty depressing and that's after I got rid a bunch. There were several pieces that I haven't worn in awhile but I just couldn't get rid of because...well you never know.

What I did instead was a tip I heard a long time ago. I turned all the hangers out and then when I wear something I'll turn the hanger right side in. I'm telling myself I will absolutely get rid of anything not turned around by next spring...but well you never know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am having deja vu. looks like your moms closet when we first got married. yikes!!!!!!

Love

Daddy

Anonymous said...

I'm almost the complete opposite!

During the house warming, several people who walked into my closet said, "where are all your clothes? In Omaha?"

"Nope, this is it!"

Nobody believed me. I have more shoes than I pants (I have 1 pair of jeans and the rest are khaki/dress pants). I have over 28 pair of shoes :)

Sarah said...

I definitely think you can have fewer clothes than me BUT one pair of jeans isn't enough. You need AT LEAST two pairs - one tailored for flats, one tailored for heels.

Pamela said...

No shoe tally? Is it too shamefully high?
It's very brave of you to face the numbers--I just don't want to know my own.

Sarah said...

Good lord girl I don't want to know yours either. Actually my shoe tally wouldn't be that bad. I'm not a HUGE shoe person.