Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 123

Today our baby boy turned four months old. Sometimes he will look at me and smile his big, gummy grin and I feel like my heart is going to explode. I have tears running down my face and I can't put into words why - overwhelming gratitude, a love so intense it hurts, exhilaration at how quickly he grows and changes.














He laughs now. He's started opening his tight little fists and stretching his fingers out into the air. He flirts and tries to kiss my face. He's been licking his top lip incessantly. He cries real tears. His cries have become more screams of protest then whimpers of hunger or discomfort. He sticks out his bottom lip sometimes. He babbles and coos at his toys and me and anyone who will listen. He still goes crazy for the ABC song but loves to be sung to no matter the tune. He kicks and squirms and is a big ball of energy.




















Happy Birthday precious boy.

No comments: