Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A NEW Post


IMG_9748
Originally uploaded by The Smooze.
I've been done with my internship since July 1 so in theory I should have been posting like a lot. But seriously I'm busy ya'll. I redecorated our apartment, finished my wedding scrapbook after TWO years (bringing the grand total of albums up to six!), went to Paducah, went to the beach, threw a kick ass Harry Potter party and a kick ass birthday party...and of course met some more famous people!

My friend Samantha won tickets to a Ben Folds concert and an opportunity to hear him play up closes and personal at the radio studio. We were already going to the concert but she invited me to the radio show yesterday since I am a huge Ben Folds fan. It was amazing. (Thanks again Sam!) We had seen him at the 9:30 Club a couple of months ago and he was really great. This place was a lot smaller and we got to sit on couches on the front row which was really really cool. He played about five songs and he took requests. Of course I yelled out "Angry Dwarf" and he took my request. This was really special because I told Nicholas before the last show that the only songs I really wanted him to play was Angry Dwarf or Song for the Dumped, neither of which he played of course. But this more than made up for it!

OH! I almost forgot! I've also been progressing through the AFI's Top 100 List slowly but surely. (For those of you who don't know I've been trying to watch all 100 since like high school.) Well Netflix and all this free time revolutionized my viewing and I was down to the very last one! So I put in Mutiny on the Bounty and am all excited because I'm going to finish the list! YEAH! And I shit you not the freaking DVD was broken. They are sending me another one. I mean seriously people!

3 comments:

Haley said...

Well, isn't that fun! :) I hope to see you when you come to LA!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.