Thursday, August 25, 2005

Georgetown



Ok so let's recap:
I was supposed to hear from Georgetown in early May.
1. They deferred their decision till my second semester grades came in.
2. They put me on the wait list.
3. They told me I would hear by August 3.
4. They told me I would hear something by August 19.
5. They told me I would hear something this Monday or Tuesday.
6. They told me I should get an email this morning from 9am-12pm.
7. At 1pm I call and they tell me I will get an email around 3pm.
8. At 4:45 pm, I CALL THEM and they tell me that they haven't had any "movement" and they don't anticipate having any. I ask "So basically the wait list is closed." They say, "Pretty much."

Needless to say, I am leaving the experience with a bad taste in my mouth. HOWEVER, I am an optimist and I really do think it is for the best. I am on Moot Court at AU and have recently graded onto the Gender Journal. Plus all my friends are there. If only it was closer to my house!

2 comments:

Christina said...

That sucks. At least they could have the common (I wish) courtesy to call and let you know that.

Well, I'm sure it will turn out for the best. I've been unsecessfully waitlisted a couple times myself, though, and it bites.

Sarah said...

Thanks Christina. It did suck. Although I told Nicholas I was so ready to just have an answer by this point I wasn't near as upset as I would been with a rejection in May.