Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Me & Barack



Okay, so one day I'll start posting about something besides the famous people I meet but not today people, not today. I met Barack Obama!!! There is a lecture series for interns every summer and he was the speaker on Tuesday. His speech was amazing. He conveys such integrity and honesty. I might agree with him on everything...like really truly everything. Anyway, after his lecture I ran, jumped, maybe stepped on a couple of children to get to the side exit and caught him on his way out. He shook my hand. You are all wecome to drive to D.C. and shake the hand, try to soak up the magic.

P.S. When I worked for NOW I did Election 2004 research. There was a state senator in Illinois that had announced he was going to run for Peter Fitzgerald's seat. He had some funny name, Barack Obama. I told my boss he didn't have a chance in hell. :)

2 comments:

Rob said...

What, no photo?

Sarah said...

Just of him walking away. He wasn't too many pictures - too many groupies ;)