Monday, August 10, 2009

Great weekend

Nicholas and I had a wonderful weekend. The best kind of weekend where you simultaneously relax and get a ton of stuff done.

On Saturday, we had pancakes for breakfast. Then Griffin and I went back to bed for a long, luxurious 3 hour nap. Nicholas was pretty anxious by the end so we went to the lake and hung out on the dock while he had a very successful day fishing.

On Sunday, we made a major dent in our vegetable overflow (a combination of our Amish CSA and my Daddy Bud's overabundance) and froze and froze and froze green beans and corn. Then we met my parents and grandmother over at my uncle's house for a swim in his pool. Griffin spent the most time in the water yet, which was fun. Then we had everyone over for Sunday dinner and Nicholas made Hoppin' John. A wonderful ending to a wonderful weekend.

No comments: