Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Dining Room











































































Another room is complete!

The dining room was one of the big reasons we bought this house. Ever since we decided to move home, I've had big visions of family dinners at my house on Sundays after church. This rooms screamed Sunday dinner with it's huge size and proximity to the kitchen.

Unfortunately, our little Ikea table was going to be dwarfed by the large room so one of our first purchases upon moving home was dining room furniture. My aunt found this amazing set on Craigslist for insanely cheap. I absolutely love its mid-century modern feel and it fits the room perfectly. The table is going to be great for big family dinners because it can seat up to ten.

I owe a big thank you to my mom for my beautiful drapes and my stepdad for hanging the curtain rod, his least favorite home improvement project. As always, thanks also goes to my Aunt Lana for helping me design the room. You should all get yourself an interior designer as an Aunt. I highly recommend it. :)

4 comments:

Loree said...

Love the paint color.

Heather C. Watson said...

This is gorgeous, Sarah. Modern and retro at the same time. I can see Betty Draper having a lovely dinner party there. The etched mirrors are an especially fabulous touch.

I have eight aunts. You'd think one would have the decency to be an interior decorator. ;)

Annie said...

Where'd you get your piano? I want one.

Sarah said...

The piano was a present from my Mom when I was a kid. It's been at her house until we finally had a place to put it.

The etched mirrors are my favorite, especially because when people ask where I got them I get to respond, "Oh I picked them up at a flea market in Paris." God, I'm fabulous ;)