Monday, June 09, 2008

Oprah's 21-Day Cleanse: Day One

You knew it was coming right?

Oprah says, "Jump!" I say, "How high?"

Oprah says, "No alcohol, caffeine, sugar, gluten, or animal product." I say, "Sure! I can do anything for 21 days, right!?!"

I might have been a tad hasty.

The day started out fine. I had buckwheat flakes with soy milk and banana. It was yummy and filling - not that much different from regular cereal. However, as the day progressed, I got hungrier and started to go into what I'm pretty sure is sugar withdrawal. I ate lots of trail mix, had a salad for lunch, and yummy tortilla soup for dinner, but the low grade hunger/headache persisted.

Oprah says the goal is progress not perfection.

So, yeah, we'll see.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I could do that, except for the caffeine. It would hurt, but I could do it. But caffeine's a deal breaker at this point. (Although I did give it up for a whole year.)

Haley said...

I think Oprah clearly has the unfair advantage of a personal chef preparing all her 'Cleanse' meals! How hard is it to eat what is prepared and put in front of you?

Haley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.