Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day Two: The Veggies Arrive


Bull Run Farm CSA
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas

So, today we picked up our first harvest share from Bull Run Farm! It was so exciting to wait in line and pick out all our veggies.

I was a little worried at first because one of my coworkers told me she had picked up veggies from the same farm and that they had been "really dirty." Luckily, I quickly remembered that vegetables grow in the ground, not in the produce aisle. ;)

We got scallions, pac choi, greens, tat soi, basil, oregano, garlic skape, sorrel, chives, and our egg share. Nicholas made a delicious stir fry of the pac choi and garlic skape for dinner.

I'm glad the veggies have arrived but I'm not sure how much easier they are going to make the 21-day cleanse. The second day was no easier. I'm still hungry. I still have a headache.

And I really, really want a cookie.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Yummmm! We've been getting our CSA share too and it's SO FUN. Yesterday, I got a whole shopping bag full of six different kinds of gorgeous lettuce. Amazing.