Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Don't Break the Chain


Over the weekend Nicholas and I stopped at our favorite crab shack in Rehoboth called Lazy Susan's. Sitting next to us were two couples engaging in lively conversation. Once this conversation turned to Harry Potter, I couldn't help but interject. Well, over the course of dinner, we talked about a lot of other thing, including my favorite subject - politics. The woman sitting next to me was particularly interested in my work for Hillary and how I felt about her. I told her all about how great Hillary was in person and how she totally inspired me. She told me about how she had voted for George Bush two times and how she was becoming increasingly disturbed by him and the Republican party. At the end of dinner, she asked for my email address and I gave it her, not expecting much from it. However, today I got this email.

Sarah,
Thanks for the inspiration .. I added my name to the Hilary e-mail list and changed my voter registration from independent to democrat.
It was nice to meet you .. it was so refereshing to listen to the voice of our youth.
Have a great day,
Deb

So, that's pretty awesome. I guess engaging in "pointless" political discussions isn't always pointless. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! SCORE ONE FOR THE IMPASSIONED SARAH! if that isn't a sign that tweedle dee and tweedle such a huge prick require no more of your energy, i don't know what is.

xoxo,
k