Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Time


So, I found the Oscar ceremony REALLY boring this year. Most of the winners were pretty predictable and there were no really exciting moments during the show. Oh and it was WAY TOO LONG. Jeez, I feel asleep like five times!

So let's skip to the fun part - the fashion!

My #1 Best Dressed is:

Kate Winslet, without a doubt. Seriously, she is perfection. The dress is gorgeous. I love the color, especially with her hair and skin, and the fit is exceptional. I think the yellow diamonds with the green dress and gold purse is fresh and interesting. Plus, her hair and makeup fit the dress perfectly. Most importantly, she is wearing the dress instead of the other way around. Love. Love. Love.

My #1 Worst Dressed actually goes to shins:

Because I DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM AT THE OSCARS. It's inappropriate! Plus, why are people so hesitant to the full length ball gown thing, it's not like it's a look you get to do everyday. This whole mullet dress look is not daring, it's 80's and it's horrible, so please stop.

Otherwise, I thought Reese Witherspoon and Maggie Gyllenhaal looked amazing. I also thought Penelope Cruz's gown was amazing but I did not like her hair. Her ears and nose are too pronounced, she always looks a ton better with hair around her face. I also loved Cate Blanchett but thought her dress was a tad tight and created a little armpit pudge I couldn't stop looking at. Otherwise, as always, she was daring and interesting without being weird. A very hard line to walk, in fact, she's the only one that does it well.

I was a little iffy on BFF's Nicole Kidman and Naomi Watts. As far as Nicole, it was really wonderful to see her in color because I feel like she's looked washed out for a solid three years. On the other hand, it was REALLY red and I felt like the bow was so Charlize Theron 2006. With regard to Naomi, the dress looked a way too low and I was not a fan of the arm thingies.

I was not alone in hating Kirstin Dunst's dress. Although, I felt no one really blames the designer for such a monstrosity. I also hated Anne Hathaway's dress, which pains me because I love that she stays resolutely pale in a sea of orange spray tan. I hated Beyonce's dress, which pains me less because I dont' really like her that much anyway. ;) I also hated Kelly Preston's cheetah print and J-Lo's chain number.

I actually might have given Best Dressed to Rachel Wiesz, because I thought that dress was amazing. But she totally turned into a worst dressed by adding that ridiculous necklace.

Then, of course, there was Jennifer Hudson's bolero jacket. I mean what the heck?!? She has always looked so amazing at the other shows. Although, apparently Andre Leon Tally styled her this time. What really angered me is everyone cited this fact as if it made up for the bolero jacket - it's "his style." Ummmm...I don't care. It's terrible, smacking his name doesn't make it any better.

So, overall, a much more interesting fashion spread then ceremony. Some took risks that paid off, others not so much. :)

1 comment:

Haley said...

I agree w/ almost everything, except Reese was my fav because I love her and she looked so pretty!