Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Last Night


I am my mother's child. My mother is famous for saying that if she had a choice she would only eat foods that you eat with a spoon - chili, soup, ice cream. In the winter months, my instinct to bury in and eat warm, cozy foods is pretty intense. I would literally eat soup and chili for every meal if Nicholas would let me.

So, imagine my dismay when he tried to serve me THIS in the middle of a huge winter storm:

Cold, tuna salad! I don't think so!

Before you name me for the brat I am, know that he knew what was coming. He said, "I'm a loser and you're going to be mad when I tell you what's for dinner."

After a bit of whining, he relented and agreed to make me breakfast instead. I know. I know. I'm a huge baby but in my defense this is the ONLY time I've ever asked for something other than what he was fixing and I promise to never do this when we have kids. :)

No comments: