Friday, October 06, 2006

I meet Tucker Carlson and it goes just fine

Yesterday, my friend Rachel and I went to lunch at this really great sushi restuarant in a really swanky part of town. As we were walking up the sidewalk, I looked up and straight into the eyes of none other than Tucker Carlson, the conservative pundit/ballroom dancing star. Of course, I was a little caught off guard and started to giggle to myself. I asked Rachel if she had noticed him and she said she'd missed him.

Despite her inability to confirm, I knew it was Tucker. Sure, there was no bow tie (according to wikipedia, he stopped wearing them this year). But he looks EXACTLY like you think he would. Not taller, not shorter, not thinner or fatter. He looked just like...well Tucker Carlson.

For those of you know that me well, I'm not so good at the star gazing (believe me when I say I hesitate to call Tucker a star but he WAS on Dancing with the Stars so I guess that's good enough). I am however a genius at star talking. I just can't stand to let an exchange with the famous or infamous go by. "I talked to Bill Clinton today" is so much more exciting then "I saw Bill Clinton today." ANYWAY, I couldn't stand it so as Tucker was walking up the stairs into where ever he was going I yelled out "Tucker! You were great on Dancing with the Stars!" (not actually true he was awful but whatever) He looked over and did a little "Ole!" move and laughed.

So, this is proof positive that I can interact in a friendly and pleasant manner with conservatives. I know this will make all my conservative family members very proud. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I know this will make all of my conservative family members very proud"

And me, too.

Mrs. Jefferson said...

i am very proud of you. let's try to work our way up to bill o'reilly.

it's not hard to love people whose beliefs are diametrically opposed to yours.

i mean, i AM carrying mahmoud ahmadinejad's love child.

Anonymous said...

Talking to conservatives, I can accept. Just remember not to lose sight of proving their agenda wrong at every turn. Which sushi place were you at?