Saturday, September 02, 2006

Decorating Disasters


In my travels, there have been several times I've come across decorating choices so extreme, so absurd that there is nothing left to do but take a picture and show your friends. After coming across a recent "spectacular" tile job, I decided to collect my most recent discoveries in a post ...because wow.

Exhibit A: London England

Seriously what is the point in hanging a curton rod on the front of a curtain valance. The logic escapes me.








Exhibit B: Charleston, SC

This was a ceiling treatment in a house we stayed in Charleston, SC. The joke all week was the ceiling's close resemblence to a certain part of the female anatomy ;) Of course, this was only one of the offensive choices in this house. Pamela called it the paint reject house because all the colors looked like the person had gone and bought the paint on sale because other people rejected it.


Exhibit C: Washington, DC

My friend Leslie's landlord was forced to redo the bathroom because of plumping problems and decided to just retile what was necessary. I definitely don't think he's planning reselling anytime soon. I mean how would you explain that. "We ran out of plain white tiles?" Although my friend Laura pointed out you could say you were redoing it in the lovely pink tile. :)

Conclusion: People are insane.

1 comment:

Haley said...

I agree w/ the people are insane. NONE of Brian's friends like my shelf-in-the-middle. I don't care though. What do they know about decorating anyway?