Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Steve Irwin



Nicholas woke me up Monday morning with the heartbreaking news that Steve Irwin had been killed. For those of you who don't know, I loved Steve Irwin. Seriously loved. I got really into his show during college. I watched it all the time. I saw the movie. I had a Crocodile Hunter action figure. My friends Mike and Smith and I even dressed up as Steve, Terri Irwin, and a crocodile one year for Halloween.

He was so sincere. I never doubted his dedication to animals and I admired so much that he fought for the animals no one else loved. Anyone can love pandas or giraffes but he stood up for the animals that weren't cut or fuzzy and could kill you. More than that, I responded so much to his passion. In a world full of Paris Hilton or Tom Cruise, he had no alterior motives. He did what he did because he believed in it. We need more people like that and it is so sad that we lost such a great one.

No comments: