Wednesday, August 30, 2006

SURPRISE!


SURPRISE!
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.
This weekend Nicholas and I traveled to California to surprise my dad for his 50th birthday. We got in Friday afternoon and met up with my friend Haley. We ate Sprinkles cupcakes and had sushi at Koi...really did the whole scene. We had a total blast.

Saturday morning we rode with my cousins Corey and Michael to Bakersfield. When my dad got back from playing golf, my aunt told him she had an early birthday present for him. I was soooo nervous waiting for her to call us out! I have no idea why. But we all came out singing Happy Birthday. Corey and Michael came first so he would think they were the present and then I came around the corner. His face was absolutely priceless. He made a perfect O face like the Screamer painting. He was completely stunned. That moment alone was worth the entire trip.

Little did he know the surprises were just beginning. He had planned a big dinner at Macaroni Grill but we got the restaurant in on the whole plan. They kept making us wait and wait for a table. The even told my dad that our waitress got in a car wreck! He took it hook, line and sinker. It was so hilarious. Finally, his friend Warren said my aunt Sheree was sick and we needed to get back to the house. Well, my dad took off with no explanation.

When we got back his big surprise party was waiting with a very special guest. One of his best friends who he had not seen in 10 years had flown from Atlanta to surprise him. Again the perfect O face this time followed by "You guys are going to give me a heart attack!" It was so wonderful as was the rest of the night, including (if I do say so myself) the video I made for him, which I will post later on.

The weekend was a total success and we had such a wonderful time with all of my family. It felt really great to do something for my dad because he has always been so generous with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know that this blog is forever old, but how are corey and michael doing anyway? i haven't seen or spoken to them in forever and know of no way to get back in touch with them. i knew they were living in california through aunt nett but other than that, that's all i know.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, it was great seeing you and Nicholas at the surprise party. Jewell and I really loved the video you put together for your dad! Skip & Jewell.