Sunday, May 25, 2003

Graduation Weekend at Transylvania

I was in Lexington this weekend for Transylvania's Commencement. I flew in Friday night and left this afternoon from Cincinnati. The ceremony itself was really good, about an hour and a half long and nobody spoke for too long. Sarah did get her diploma, which was the important part, and then we did the goodbyes to all the professors and the rest.

After the graduation and the after-party, we went with some friends to "Ten Commandments Mini-Golf," which is a Christian-themed putt-putt venue. It was fantastic. We did the Old Testament course, and there are two others, New Testament and Miracles. Each hole was themed along a day of Creation (all 7 days, with the 7th day being a very easy hole-in-one chance) or another Old Testament story, like Noah, Samson, etc. Though we ended up losing as a team to the Turner/Weatherholt Team and the Hicks/Graham team, we lived to golf another day. Overall a good graduation day, if you don't count Sarah's uncontrollable sobbing for about 15 minutes after we left the graduation reception--she's entitled, though.

I'm now back in DC and I am trying to figure out what to do for Memorial Day. I think maybe I'll go to the National Symphony concert or something, but I may also just stay in if the weather is crappy.

Sarah had another wedding shower today, which is just another event in a very busy week for her, but I'll let her talk about it.

A big thanks goes out to Aimee and Johan (the aforementioned Hicks/Graham team) who drove me to Cincinatti today out of the goodness of their hearts.

No comments: