Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Week 35

We had another busy week this week. The biggest news is we closed on our house on Friday! After a couple weeks off, we are officially homeowners again. Everything went as planned and they even got started on the bathroom redo earlier than we thought. By Friday evening, everything but the floors and walls had been completely ripped out. It was so exciting to see that project getting started because I cannot WAIT for the result.

We also started painting and by "we" I mean Nicholas, Mom (despite her broken toe), and Ron. Over the weekend, the nursery was painted and they put one coat on the living room. We managed to squeeze this in along with a trip to Tennessee to pick up my new dining room furniture I bought off Craigslist for a steal!

There were also a few developments on the baby front. I interviewed a pediatrician, which has been on my list for awhile. Unfortunately, it did not go well. My first sign that this was not going to be a match made in heaven was when I said that her practice had a reputation for being antibiotic-happy and she laughingly responded, "We probably are!" If that wasn't enough, she went on to describe herself as a "lazy toilet trainer" and opined that the immunization system is perfect like it is. Needless to say, I'm hoping the interview this week goes better. Another major to-do item I checked off was Infant CPR. Ron, Nicholas, and I attended an American Heart Association training and I feel much better prepared should the unthinkable happen.

On top of it all, I had a lovely shower on Saturday in La Center with my Nanny and her friends. Everyone was so sweet to come celebrate with me and so generous to give such great gifts. I had a really wonderful time.

One Down:
1. I'm reinstating the downs for this week not because I'm feeling bad but because I need an outlet for my frustration. I really, really need strangers to stop commenting on my belly. I get it. I'm pregnant. You think I'm going to go "any minute" or that I'm about to "pop." But guess what? I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!!! Keep it to your dang self!

Two Ups:
1. It has been so exciting to start organizing and putting the nursery together in our new home.
2. Despite several warnings from relatives, I have not put on a ton of weight at the end. In fact, my weight seems to have stabilized.

1 comment:

Heather C. Watson said...

Wow! Things are really coming together for y'all!

I know you have a ton to do before he gets here, but just wanted to make sure y'all knew about the Safety Store at Vandy Children's Hospital. I volunteer at the Kids' Hospital, and am amazed by the wonderful products they have -- at cost! It's totally worth the trip to NashVegas for all the bath/kitchen baby-proofing, carseat fittings, etc. It's really wonderful, and I try to make sure all my mommy friends know about it!

Take care and I hope you're feeling well!
h