Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Week 33

Well, dang, since I don't have any huge life changes to report this week, I feel a little lame. I did have a really nice week, which involved upteen trips to Surplus City. It's gotten to the point where one of the employees expressed concern that I might actually give birth in the store. ;)

I had a nice afternoon with my Nanny one day. On Saturday, we ate breakfast with all of my family and Nicholas got some fishing in. That night Nicholas made dinner for my mom, Ron, and their close friends the Orr's and the Blythe's, which was a lot of fun.

Other than that, we're just trying to wrap a few loose ends before the birth. My goal is to have nothing else on my checklist by the end of next week and I'm proud to say we're right on track. We bought a bunch of supplies over the weekend and I washed my first load of tiny little baby things. It was pretty adorable, although I'm sure it will be less so around load 3,498.

Two Downs:
1. The same area I've been complaining about - around my ribs where all my organs are smooched up - is getting more sensitive by the day.
2. I get tired sooo easy. I can't make more than a couple of trips around Surplus City without desperately needing to sit down.

Two Ups:
1. Despite a few days last week, I'm sleeping pretty well, which I am incredibly thankful for.
2. My hormones have been giving me a run for my money. I can tell almost from the second I wake up if everything will be sunshine and roses or if I'm going to want chew razorblades, as my mom used to say. Sometimes if I take a nap I can reset myself as the case may be, but I hate being a slave to my moods. I'm sure Nicholas would give that a firm second.

1 comment:

Ladybird said...

I feel your pain girl! I was there last year! Believe me, it worth all the "uncomfortableness"....if that is even a word.

Found you through my brother's blog, Cosmo's Crazy. Congrats on the new addition!