Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Somebody has been drugging my latte


Ok, so there have been a couple of recent developments in my life that I need to confess. They are a little disturbing because they involve me bringing things into my life that I have formerly passionately disliked.

First, I bought a pair of shorts. God save me I did. And y'all I hate shorts...a lot. I always felt that Trinny and Susannah were right on the money when they said the problem with shorts was when you stood up your shorts were still sitting down. I've owned one pair of hand-me-down shorts from my friend Annie that I wear usually once a year when I go to an amusement park. The rest of the time I wear skirts or pants - no capris, petal pushers, no cropped pant of any type. However, Thursday night, we all stopped at Target on our way back to Paducah. Maybe it was the jet lag or time change, but my defenses fell and I got a really cute pair of dark brown shorts, very similar to these. And I really like them! I mean they are not the most flattering piece of clothing I own but for shorts they ain't so bad.

Ok, if the shorts weren't bad enough, I have even bigger announcement. I think I might like Spencer Pratt. Ok, maybe like is strong. I don't want to throw up when I see pictures or video of him anymore. That's definitely progress considering my previous posts about him. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was his downturn of fortune on The Hills or she-Pratt, his attention whore sister, that makes him look like an angel. But I know what sealed the deal and it is his new Radar advice column. This post in particular:

YO SPENCER! How do you deal with weak people and haters?
With weak people, you can only try to give them confidence and pump them up. To be honest, you don't need them around you. I try to put myself around really strong people. Haters you should love. Hatred stems from jealousy at some point. If people aren't hating on you, they don't care, and if they don't care, that means you're not doing anything right. I love my haters. I don't hate them back at all. You can turn so many haters around once they meet you. I'm like, "Thanks, I get it, I'm an idiot," and they're like, "Woo! He's an idiot! He's so cool!" I flipped a couple haters at Benihana just last night.

Seriously, that last line slayed me and I thought, "It's official. I might not totally hate Spencer Pratt." I even said it out loud to Nicholas. Luckily, I wasn't wearing the shorts at the time or his head might have exploded.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm speechless. I've been witness to some seriously intense anti-shorts rants over the years, including at every wardrobe sorting event. This is very unsettling...

Haley said...

As for the shorts: I'll allow it as long as you are doing something, like riding a bike, where shorts are necessary and you have no other alternative. Kayaking is another example. Rock climbing qualifies as well.

:)

Anonymous said...

I am so disturbed...Spencer...really??? Sarah...I am concerned about you.
Steph

Anonymous said...

uhhh...i will hate spencer and shorts enough for the both of us until this insane time in your life subsides.

xoxo,
kirsten