Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A couple of things


I just thought I'd share a couple of exciting things that happened to me today. I've been doing ancestry research for a while and I found out tonight that my great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather Elias Lovelace, who founded Lovelaceville, Kentucky, was a Revolutionary War veteran. How cool is that? I even found the pension record from his service and a witness he swore to prove another soldier's service.

Oh and I shared an elevator with Ted Kennedy. He asked me how I was doing. It was awesome.

So, yeah, sort of unrelated but both pretty cool. ;)

6 comments:

Dewayne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dewayne said...

awww, I can't believe you deleted my comment!

Sarah said...

Dewayne, I WORK in the Senate. Do you really think that was appropriate? Come on now..If it makes you feel any better J-mac made the same bad joke and I deleted her's too! ;)

Unknown said...

I (sadly) was not aware that you worked in the Upper House. I'm sorry, that could have been bad indeed....but it wasn't a joke.. :-)

BTW, I don't support your girl Hil, but I am for a democrat this time around. That better than nothing, huh?

Sarah said...

It is most definitely better than nothing - progress!!!