Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Projects

Nicholas and I have been on a bit of a creative streak in the New Year. Last weekend, Nicholas made creme brulée for the first time. He gave me the dishes and torch for Christmas with the promise he would learn to make it. I have to say his first attempt was pretty successful. The creme brulée itself was delicious. He put a bit too much sugar to torch the first time. It was less cracking the top then shattering. However, we ate the other two the next day and he did a much better torching job.





This weekend I made a terrarium. Daily Candy sent out instructions and I'd been wanting to put some type of plant at my desk at work. I got most everything I needed at our local nurseries, along with another plant and a new container for my one houseplant. I've had this plant since we got married four years ago and it has undergone it's fair share of abuse. Needless to say, it was due for some repotting. Anyway, I got everything I needed but a container. However, I found the perfect one at Target. My new terrarium features a rex begonia and baby tears.

No comments: