Sunday, September 09, 2007

Tubing at Harpers Ferry


Tubing at Harpers Ferry
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.

After much cajoling and a successful bid on priceline.com, I convinced Nicholas to take a tubing trip down the Potomac as a last goodbye to summer. We set out on Saturday morning, after a quick trip to Target for water shoes (that's right I now officially own Crocs!), and arrived at Butt's Tubing - really that's the name - at around noon.

The shuttle bus driver dropped us up the Potomac, after dire warnings not to go past the green bridge if we wanted to be picked up because he "could not help us." We parked our butts in our butts tubes and started floating. The trip was really nice - flat and lazy in parts with just enough rapids to make it interesting. I even got tipped over once. However, the water was only about three feet deep so it was always easy to get back on course.

I was covered up in my standard all-day-in-the-water attire: long sleeved black t-shirt and black swim trunks. I still got a little red on the top of my knees but nothing too bad. Nicholas, however, applied Neutrogena spray sunblock that had lost some of its aerosol and kind of splattered all over. He ended up with a very weird splotchy sunburn.

Despite the sunburns, we had a really wonderful day floating down the river and can't wait to go again.

1 comment:

Haley said...

i cannot believe you own crocs! you disappoint me sarah. i thought you were better than that! ;)