Saturday, September 08, 2007

Air-adding



So, here's the thing. I like Mary Louise Parker. I liked her in Fried Green Tomatoes. I LOVED her on The West Wing and I watch Weeds religiously. She's smart. She's sexy. She's funny. You know what she's not? Voluptuous.

Mary Louise Parker is a skinny bitch. Nothing against skinny bitches - I've made friends with some recently and they're not that bad. And, in all fairness, she hasn't always been a skinny bitch. Remember when she thanked her newborn son for her bodacious breastfeeding boobs at the Golden Globe in 2004? But now? Now, she's a skinny bitch.

That's why I find the above picture so angering. It's one thing to airbrush out fat. But to add it back in! That's just not fair. If us normal size girls have anything, it's our curves. There's something to be said for a little extra padding. Marylin Monroe had padding. So does J-Lo and Beyonce. However, you take away a little of our pride, our specialness when you can just give Kate Moss a Queen Latifah makeover. Not cool.

Seriously, not cool.

No comments: