Monday, July 30, 2007

Birthday at the Beach


Rehoboth Beach 2007
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.

Nicholas and I spent the weekend in Delaware at Rehoboth Beach, our favorite summer getaway. We had an absolutely fabulous time and I had a near perfect birthday. We drove down Friday night and had fish and chips on the boardwalk. On my birthday, we spent at the beach until a thunderstorm rained us out at which point we headed to the arcade. We ate an unseemly amount of seafood at our favorite local crab shack and birthday cake and champagne in our room. On Sunday, we took one last stroll on the beach before heading to the outlet, where Nicholas injected some much needed new blood into his wardrobe.
I think more than anything I just enjoyed hanging out with my husband. As we left town, he realized he'd been at work everyday since July 5th. And as we had more and more fun together, I realized how much I'd really missed him. So, not to lay on the sap, but getting to spend such quality time with my favorite person was probably the best birthday present of all. :)

No comments: