Monday, May 07, 2007

Visitin'


Nicholas, me, Giinger and Benjamin
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.

Nicholas's younger brother Benjamin came into to town with his wife Ginger this weekend. Their visit sparked a spring cleaning weekend since Nicholas's parents will be in next weekend and my family will be in for graduation. I wanted our place looking its best since they will all be seeing it for the first time.

Overall, the cleaning went really well. Nicholas was a great sport, even though I think he was really skeptical about a lot of my requests. He wiped down blinds, cleaned windows, and scrubbed down every surface I pointed to. He drew the line at removing everything off the bookshelves and dusting so I did that.

The third day of cleaning right before Benjamin and Ginger came over I decided to iron the bottom of our upholstered chair...on my leg. I swear to God I don't know why I do the things I do sometime. Nicholas even looked at me and said "Don't burn your leg." However, much like the soap/eye debacle of a couple months ago, I didn't think I was doing anything too dangerous. And, to be honest, I wasn't - until I pressed the steam button and burned the crap out of my leg.

I rushed to the bathroom and the skin had already peeled off. The burn is about two inches in diameter. I thought I could treat it myself but it started looking a bit sketch this morning so I went to the clinic. So, now I'm on antibiotics and antibiotic cream and hoping it heals quickly.

More than anything I'm just embarassed that I could have done something so stupid. I didn't expect to get more idiotic the closer I got to law school graduation. :(

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is if I looked at our doctors schedules and saw that an attorney who burned her leg with an iron was coming into the clinic, I'd close the clinic before you arrived :)

j/k

Christina said...

Yeah, I don't think I'd admit to that one.

:D

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I sliced off a large chunk of my finger the other day....they did not tell me that being a shoe designer is dangerous:) hope you feel better!
Liz
Elfen

Haley said...

ouch!

Stephanie Ann Marshall said...

Hey at least you won't do it again...or will you?

hatetoblog said...

Wasn't there a speciic warning about not using it on your leg? Sounds like a law suit to me.
Love Mom and Ron