Tuesday, May 30, 2006

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!


Dancing the Night Away
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.
I am now officially a 3L. My friends and I did a pretty solid job of celebrating our new status a couple Saturdays ago as evidenced in the new flicker uploads. Since then I have settled into my new summer scheduled, which is pretty much wide open.

I have recently been crowned Deputy Communications Director by the campaign although I can also be found helping with events, volunteers, and administration. So far its been famine or feast with me either working hours on end or with nothing to do for hours on end.

I'm also working on journal as I am the only member of the editorial staff without a 9 to 5. I continue volunteering for Friends of Hillary and am doing some babysitting for a famous DC blogger who shall remain nameless (and by nameless I mean call me and I'll tell you).

In addition, Nicholas and I are currently looking to buy a condo in Dupont which is at least a part-time job. In some ways I feel hopeful because we've found several we were willing to put offers on and one we actually did. In other ways I feel discouraged because after a month nothing has worked out. But I love our real estate agent and am tired of renting so onward and upward.

My open schedule will also work well for the multiple vacations I have planned including a trip to Hawaii for my mother's 50th birthday, Charleston for another Holland wedding, and Fripp Island, South Carolina for vaca with the girlfriends.

All in all I think it will be a fun, if not a bit crazy, summer...

1 comment:

Haley said...

And, a trip to Los Angeles to see Haley? Maybe?