Sunday, June 04, 2006

So we're buying a condo


New Condo
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.
Sarah and I finally got up the courage to invest in the crazy DC real esate market and we think we did pretty well. We close on a one bedroom/one bath condo on June 27th. The condo is an end unit and is 724 sq. ft., which is actually a nice size based on what we've seen at the price. Maggie will actually get to see the sun during the day and I get a bigger (though slightly dated) kitchen. There are a couple of pictures on flickr for those interested

Unfortunately, we no longer have an extra bedroom, which means that the next sibling that is displaced by a natural disaster may not be able to live with us, but we plan on having some way to accomodate people who come into town for a few days (we're looking at futons, etc.). IKEA, West Elm, and Target are fast becoming our most-visited websites. We plan on moving in at the beginning of July, about 5 days after we come home from Hawaii (we're really great planners that way). Get excited!!!

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

Congratulations on the new place! I know you guys will enjoy it.

Christina said...

Congratulations!

We got a pretty comfortable futon from IKEA.

Haley said...

Congratulations on the new place you guys! That is awesome! I get stressed out picking an apartment to RENT, so I can't imagine the stress from finding the perfect place to actually PURCHASE! I can't wait to come see it- though now I will have to find a new place to stay ;)
Email me your new address when you get the chance.