Monday, May 01, 2006

The Class of 2001


The Class of 2001
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.
This weekend we returned to Transyland for Nicholas's 5th year reunion. We flew into Louisville Saturday morning and rode to Lexington with my college roommate Erin and her boyfriend Seth.

I have to admit it was crazy being back on campus. The second we walked into to Back Lobby the smell about knocked me over and my heart started to race. It wasn't a bad smell - it was just the Transy smell. You forgot details like that and it was so overwhelming to encounter them again.

We took a short tour around campus and took a stroll down memory lane. It's amazing how far we've come in just a couple of years but I have to admit I do miss it (at least parts of it).

Saturday night was T-Day Ball and his reunion reception. We both felt a little underwhelmed by the evening's festivities. Plus, since we haven't gone to either of our high school reunions, it was the first time I've been to a reunion and the energy was pretty intense. Lots of judging and one-upmanship.

On Sunday, we met my big sister Hollie and her new man for breakfast at Ramsey's. I even got in an Ale-8-One!After returning to Louisville, we met Mike and Smith for my favorite Fazoli's! (You'd be surprised how much you miss it.) We left late Sunday night after a quick stop at Grater's - wow this sounds like we went back to be reunited with food not people but I swear that wasn't the case. ;)

No comments: