Tuesday, September 16, 2003

The Day-to-Day

Well, Durham gets more the same all the time. Not much has happened since the last entry, but I guess that's good.

We've got this hurricane coming our way, which should make for even more crappy weather as the week continues, as well as possible power outages and other massive inconveniences. After living through an ice storm with no power for a week, I can honestly say that I think that losing power this time won't be as bad because of the mild weather. This winter was honestly the crappiest unintended cold-weather campout of all time. Nevertheless, losing power is still not something I welcome anytime.

Sarah had a "group" job interview today, which she described as "new agey." It consisted of some asinine individual questionnaire, followed by a group portion. She's supposed to hear back about that soon. She's also looking into leads at a non-profit in Durham and Lexis-Nexis. Anyone have a job they can offer her??? I have started a research assistant job at the school which requires that I transcribe jury deliberations. It is easily the most demanding thing I have ever done patience wise. It requires almost no skill, yet takes FOREVER.

Well, enough bitching. Almost everything is good here. I saw Freddy vs. Jason last night, which was surprisingly decent even though I was certain it was going to be about a lawsuit for copyright or trade dress infringement and it ended up being a horror movie (actually I guess that would be Freddy v. Jason). Moreover, I saw Duke football win a game against Rice University in overtime n Saturday, which was even more horrific. Who could ask for anything more?



No comments: