Friday, June 13, 2003

The Mall

I'd just like to say for the record that we were not "dehydrated" after Vintage Virginia, we were "tipsy."

We just got back from what's turning into a weekly tradition (aka we've done it two Friday nights in a row). Last week, we walked to the Washington Monument from our house which took about 2 1/2 hours and was great. This week we took the metro to the Washington and walked to the Lincoln Memorial and the FDR Memorial. It was very muggy tonight because it had just rained. (See Nicholas's previous post.) We still had a wonderful time and both admited to getting pretty emotional when reading all of FDR's quotes. I know it's dorky but atleast we're better than the obnoxious high school kids that bounce around their like it's Gadzooks, looking for something to buy.

When I'm not getting teary over marble, I'm completely and utterly freaking out about the quickly approaching nuptials. My new way to deal with planning/stress is assign my parents endlesses little tasks which they seem to be handling very well. As soon as the wedding is, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is even sooner. The release of the new book also happens to coincide with my meeting Gloria Steinem. It all might just be more than I can handle.

No comments: