Monday, February 18, 2008

Random updates

I know I haven't been posting as regularly but I've been real busy running the federal government so I don't have time to just sit around talking to y'all all day. ;) But here are some exciting and less than exciting updates.

* We are about to embark on some major bathroom renovations. We had planned to only replace a couple of tiles but the original tiles couldn't be matched so we decided to do the whole thing, which turned into a "might as well do the floors too" situation. The demolition starts next week and I'll try to at least post picture updates everyday. My amazing aunt Lana picked out some fabulous tiles all the way from Nashville and I can't wait to see what it looks like when we're finished.

* Speaking of renovations, the major renovations throughout our building are finally complete. We replaced our 100 year old steam system with a brand new hot water system. It's working great and everyone seems to be fairly happy. Our living room is basically the same. However, they had to put in new pipes in our bedroom and build out a soffit. Afterwards, my hope chest no longer fit between the air conditioning and the radiator so we had to move it to the storage space. Luckily, we just raised our bed so we had some extra storage under there and my wonderful father volunteered to buy us this beautiful piece of furniture to make up for the rest of the missed storage.

* We signed up for a Community Supported Agriculture project through Bull Run Farm in Virginia. Basically, we pay up front for a share of the harvest and then every week we have fresh vegetables delivered to us. We also signed up for an egg share. I can't wait!

* Work is going great. You want any more details than that you'll have to email me ;)

* Nicholas and I are trying to plan a vacation for the end of March but our running into some road blocks. We had originally planned on Buenos Aires but decided we might want to spend a little less money. So now we're thinking Belize. That however could definitely change.

* We're having an Oscar party. We skipped last year so this should be fun and I'm ready to celebrate that the writers strike is over in anyway possible.

* Nicholas went on his second fishing outing this weekend. He really seems to be enjoying himself, although I secretly wonder if the trips are just to justify buying more fishing stuff.

No comments: