Monday, October 29, 2007

L.A. Weekend


L.A. Weekend
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.

We had a fabulous time in L.A. this weekend. We got to visit with my amazing friend Haley Goo and her new fiance Brian. They put us up Friday night and served us some awesome chocolate fondue.

On Saturday, we went on a sort of eating tour of some places I wanted to try. We had donuts at Fritelli's, which were fantastic! I'm a pretty big donut snob. I think nothing compares to Red's from Paducah, but I have to say their glazed buttermilk donut came pretty freaking close.

Then, we had authentic Mexican at Guelaguetza. I had this amazing pizza like dish, which had black bean smeared on a toasted tortilla with all these veggies. It was like nothing else I've ever had at a Mexican restaurant and really great. I also got to have one of my favorite Latin drinks - Horchata, which I haven't had since North Carolina.

That night we ate an amazing meal at Cafe Pinot near the Nokia LIVE Theater where we saw the Chicks and the Eagles. The concert was really fun. The Chicks were as entertaining as ever and I was totally impressed by the Eagles. My dad has been talking about how great they are forever and he was really right on the button. There was nothing like hearing Don Henley sing Hotel California live - I'd rate it right up there with Paul McCartney leading the entire Verizon Center in Hey Jude. :)

On Sunday, we just hung out and did some shopping, after breakfast at the Hollywood institution Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. I didn't partake in the chicken but the waffles were yummy.

My sorority big sister met us for dinner and took us to the airport for our flight home. We had such a great time with her. She is the most amazing person, who is in LA following her dream of becoming an actress. (You Kentuckians might have seen her in a Fazoli's ad recently!) I have always been and continue to be inspired by her passion and I'm just happy for her.

So, despite the jet lag today, the great company and awesome music was totally worth the trip across the country! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw her in the Fazoli's ad, the other day and was so excited!