Sunday, October 21, 2007

Deceptively Delicious


Deceptively Delicious
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.

So this should come as no surprise - what Oprah says I do. Jessica Seinfeld was on a couple of weeks ago promoting her new cookbook. Unless you've been living under a rock, you know the premise is to hide vegetables from your kids in foods they enjoy.

While I don't have kids, I decided the concept of including vegetable purees in everyday food was a good one. I've also wanted some healthier baking recipes so I decided to give it a try.

We stocked up on some purees and made the brownie recipe, which includes carrot and spinach puree. Now, she warns you not to eat them until they are completely cool - pretty much impossible right? But man she better be right about the taste of spinach disappearing because so far...yuck!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Lindsey told me about this. Interested to see how it is...

Anonymous said...

Is there a cooled brownie update???