Sunday, June 17, 2007

Home Inventory


Today, with the guidance of Real Simple, Nicholas and I did a home inventory. We took pictures of most everything, while recording the model number, price, and other info of the major items.

In some ways it made me fee a lot safer having it done. However, it was really weird to take in all that we own and how much money went into all of it. I couldn't help thinking what I would do if something happened to all of it. Most of it is replacable, but so much isn't. I started running through what I would grab in a fire. Luckily, because of technology the list isn't as long as it would be a couple of years ago. Almost all of our pictures are online, which would definitely have been the first thing I would have grabbed otherwise. Plus, our wedding pictures are digital so they are also replacable. So that's good. I wish I could the say thing about my music library but oh well. The truth is that's all replacable too.

I guess when you really start to think about it, most of it is with the right amount of money. So, hopefully now with our home inventory, we'll be able to get that right amount.

2 comments:

Christina said...

It's ALL replacable. Except the pictures, but those are online, as you say. So just grab Maggie.

I'm not sure how the two of us would grab the baby AND the two cats.

Sarah said...

That's why you should teach the baby to grab a cat!