Friday, June 29, 2007

12 Angry Men

Even though I'm only missing a couple, I thought I would blog about all the AFI Top 100 movies as I complete the list for a second time. On Tuesday night, I watched 12 Angry Men by Sidny Lumet. For those of you have never heard about it, it's set inside a jury room as one lone holdout (Henry Fonda) slowly tries to convince the other 11 of the defendant's innocence. Mainly, it's an intense study in psychology.

Henry Fonda does a fantastic job - as does the whole cast anyway. The tension and anxiety of the room really reaches through the screen and starts to affect you. Of course, as a recent law graduate, the legal aspect was fascinating. More than that, Lumet really does an excellent job of portraying the give and take of human emotions, not only as its acted out on other people but also within ourselves.

I thought it was thoroughly entertaining and a great addition to the list.

No comments: