Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Weekend in Florida


Easter 2007
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.

We flew to Florida this weekend for the exciting Holland double christening of Elizabeth Theodora Holland and William Maxwell Holland. We got in on Friday afternoon and hung out for a while before going to dinner with the whole crew. It was my sister-in-law Jennifer's birthday so we had our first cake of the weekend.

The next day was the big event. We all did our own thing throughout the day except for a group lunch at Ted Peter's, which is worth the trip to St. Pete alone. The christening went very smoothly with everyone renouncing Satan when it was their turn. William did not seem concerned in the least that there was a strange man pouring water over his head and pressing the sign of the cross into his forehead. Elizabeth, on the other hand, wanted everyone to know that she thought this guy was a total and complete jerk. She definitely wasn't alone, as this seemed to be the opinion of most of the babies. We had a fun pizza party afterwards, although
the cold put a bit of a damper on the fun.

On Easter Sunday, we had an early Easter dinner before some of our travelers left early to return home. Throughout the afternoon, I made a point of showing Stephen that the plastic eggs contained fruit loops (the genius idea of my mother-in-law), so when it came time for the hunt he knew what was at stake. ;) I was amazed at how quickly he picked up the concept of an Easter egg hunt and it was ridiculously cute and entertaining...and VERY well-photographed.

The rest of the day was spent enjoying friends and family, with a beach trip thrown in the late afternoon. We had a really wonderful weekend and didn't want it to end. I tried to sneak a baby in my suitcase for the trip home, so I could extend the fun. Unfortunately, his mom caught me and I had to give him back. :(

4 comments:

Haley said...

Awwww!! SOOO Cute!

Stephanie Ann Marshall said...

They're all so freaking cute...and I have to say the older one (I apologize for not knowing his name) looks a little like that picture of Nicholas you had on your wedding website...Do you have baby fever now?

Sarah said...

I know it is totally freaky how much they all look alike. No, I don't have baby fever quite yet. I just have aunt fever - I want to cuddle and hang out till I'm ready to give them back ;)

Christina said...

Elizabeth had a great time! (So did we.)