Sunday, December 03, 2006

Holiday Entertaining


Table
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.
We had a very busy weekend.

On Saturday evening, we had several friends over for a dinner party. Nicholas made a delicious menu of sausages with pickled onions, potato and apple gratin, salad, salmon on shallot toast, and warm olives. It was all a huge hit. Later in the evening, we played a rousing game of Dirty Santa. My friend Laura had never played before and she was very intent on other's stealing to make the game more interesting. Of course she was delighted when her gift was traded several times. :)

Later, we had cake and eggnog while everyone enjoyed a good laugh at some of my home movies. (It all started with a showing of "What My Church Means to Me" - see below.) All in all, I'd say it was a very successful evening considering it started at 7 and ended at midnight.

Today, we had a dessert reception for my friends from Chandler's office (and my friend from high school Dylan, he comes to every party so he can tell everyone he knew me first!). We had a beautiful spread as you can see. I was particularly proud of my cookie tree - unfortunately Nicholas's didn't make the cut ;) Again, it was a really lovely afternoon and I think everyone had a good time.

It was all a lot of work but it was really nice to have everyone over to see our apartment finally. Plus I got to bring out my china! :)

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

Impressive Spread!

Anonymous said...

Umm, I come to every party so that I can eat your delicious food.

Anonymous said...

You make me so proud.