Wednesday, March 01, 2006

THANKS DADDY!


Video iPods ROCK!
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.
Last December, my 15-year-old brothers both got video iPods for their birthday. I protested because clearly I NEED an video iPod more than them. A couple of weeks later my dad got one and then I just started feeling left out.

So, I pointed out to my father that I was the only Stewart lacking a new video iPod and that my current iPod was acting a little wonky (I might have washed it in the washing machine). He then says those magic words every daughter from 2 to 24 likes to hear "Honey, if you want one I'll get you one." At which point, I jumped around the room because YEAH I'M GETTING A VIDEO iPOD!!!

We decided to send it to Nicholas's office in case no one was at our apartment to sign for it. Nicholas points out that since it's coming under his name to his work it is clearly his iPod. My dad hears him and says those words every son-in-law loves to hear "Tell Nicholas if he really wants one I'll get him one." Anyone who knows Nicholas can guess that his immediate reaction was to scoff and say he did not need a video iPod and he didn't want to burden my father WHICH is why I secretly emailed my dad and said yes he'd love one.

This would be the best story if I was able to keep the secret and it just showed up at his office but alas I have a freaking big mouth. It doesn't matter anyway. All that matters now is that Nicholas and I are constantly rocking it out with our new video iPods and that my dad is like the most generous most wonderful dad ever! (If this doesn't impress you, just ask him about going to a Korn concert with my little brothers!)

1 comment:

Haley said...

haha! that's such a cute pic of you two. hope all is well!