Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birthday weekend

I am 27 years old now. Fun times.

I had a whole birthday weekend leading up to the big day. On Saturday, Nicholas took me shopping and bought me a dozen Georgetown cupcakes. I picked out an adorable pair of navy blue sunglasses from Kate Spade, which I totally love. For a special birthday treat, I requested fried chicken for dinner and Nicholas slaved away for several hours on it. I have to say the last time I had chicken I said I didn't feel like I had been missing much - I can't say the same for fried chicken. ;)

We had a birthday brunch on Sunday at Tabard Inn. My dear friends Melissa, Laura, Keri and Amy came and we had a great time. Plus, Laura let me hang out by her pool the rest of the day.

My actual birthday was Monday and it's the first time in my life I can remember working on my birthday. Luckily, I have lovely coworkers who brought me birthday treats and took me out to lunch. That night Nicholas and I went to Screen on the Green, which I look forward to all year, and had a great time watching Cary Grant get into all manner of hijinks. Nicolas really made the evening though by remembering not only a Georgetown cupcake for our picnic but a candle for me to blow out AND milk. I tell you what - I married the right man!

2 comments:

Annie said...

You look super cute in that white shirt dress.

Amy said...

Thanks for letting me share the big weekend with you! I hope Nicholas has recovered from the brunch girl talk!