Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas in New York

We had a fantastic time in New York this weekend. We got in later Friday evening and had a great dinner with our friends Laura and Dan. We were able to stay in my friend Lindsey's apartment, since her and her fiancé recently bought a country home in Connecticut. Her apartment was absolutely adorable and very conveniently located.

On Saturday, we woke up bright and early to go ice skating at Rockefeller Center. The early wake-up was totally worth it because we walked right onto the ice (after a hefty price tag) and skated our hearts away. It was so fun and I couldn't believe I was actually on the famous rink! Afterwards, we walked up Fifth Avenue and checked out all the festive windows while doing a little shopping.

We met my good friend Dave for lunch and then he graciously agreed to go over to Rockefeller with us to help us take our Christmas card picture. We did some more shopping and had delicious pizza for dinner. Then we met back up with Dave to go see an improv show at the Upright Citizens Brigade.


On Sunday, we woke up to SNOW! Y'all I love Christmas in New York. The only thing I love more is snow at Christmas. Combining the two about make my head explode. I kept saying, "I can't believe it snowed!" We went over to Central Park to check it out and went to the Natural History Museum to see their origami tree, which was really beautiful.

Nicholas met some high school friends for dim sum, while I went to my friend Laura's wedding shower at Lady Mendl's. The place was absolutely gorgeous and we had like a six course, completely mind-blowing tea. A wonderful time was had by all.

Nicholas and I met back up later that evening for a lovely dinner at this darling cafe on St. Marks Place. We then took our happy little butts to Penn Station to catch our train home! It really was a completely wonderful weekend.

No comments: