Sunday, July 02, 2006

Aloha!


Haleakala National Park
Originally uploaded by SarahorNicholas.
Well, we've been back from Maui for a week now and we both still look at each other every once in awhile and whine "Let's go back!" In fact, we've decided to make our next vacation less spectacular as to make reacclimation to real life less difficult.

Needless to say, we had a fantastic time. Lots of beach. LOTS of fish - both seen and eaten. I learned to surf (video to come soon) and we survived the road to Hana. We went to a wonderful Luau and tried poi. We bought Tikis and Huli Huli sauce and escaped with only minor sunburns.

We owe a big mahalo (thank you) to my parents who provided the shelter and several meals. They were great travel companions and allowed me to play the role of tour group leader. The trip was like a really wonderful dream and we came back less pale and less stressed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look up the word jealous and there's my picture along with the caption "the feeling Jessica has when she sees her friends pictures from their Hawaiian vacation."

Looks like you really enjoyed yourselves. The surfing pics are great!

Did I mention I'm jealous?

Sarah said...

hehehehe - well I'm jealous of your square footage if that makes you feel any better. If you like the surfing pictures, you're going to LOVE the surfing video.

Christina said...

Glad you had a good time. I did warn you not to try the poi. :)

Anonymous said...

Did you know Keith and I went to Maui on our honeymoon from June 25 - July 2?! I'd love to know if we went to some of the same places or if we were on the island at the same time! Too funny! Let's chat!

Anonymous said...

I love your video! We went to Maui on our honeymoon, absolutely fell in love with that place. Steve learned to surf last summer in SC- you all could swap stories.
Miss ya!
Holly