Saturday, October 09, 2004

Until I moved to DC I had (fortunately) never seen anyone get hit by a car. Since I've moved here, I've seen it twice. One pedestrian (not so bad, she was more grazed than hit) and today, a motorcyclist (looked pretty bad). I'm not sure why I'm telling you all this, but I thought it was pertinent.

Pamela is in town again this weekend. We had lunch and watched Dr. Strangelove at our place and then went to buy produce at Eastern Market.

Sarah and I have also started occasionally using Zipcar, which is a shared car service in DC. For $8.50 an hour you can rent a car anytime (gas and insurance included), and they are all over the city. We have driven a Ford Focus and a Scion xA so far. Next up, a Mini Cooper. It's pretty useful for things like taking people to the airport, big grocery shopping trips and getting out to the closest Target.

Anyway, I don't have much else to say. Happy Columbus Day?

3 comments:

AmyMo said...

Hey, I keep expecting to read some word about the Bar here. I know it was like forever before you were going to hear anything but hasn't it been forever? What's the story?

Nicholas said...

They are supposed to post the results on this Friday, October 15. Don't worry, I'll post as soon as I know...

AmyMo said...

Okay, sorry to add to your anxiety there. Der.