Thursday, February 19, 2004

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

I have now received acceptance (or rejection) letters from all the law schools I applied to. The final tally goes a little something like this:

Georgetown: Rejected
George Washington: Waitlisted
George Mason: Accepted
American: Accepted

Overall, I am very happy with my lot and there were no major surprises. Now of course comes the hard part.

I visited George Mason this weekend. While there were certain aspects of the school I liked, overall I don't think I would be very happy there. They are extremely competitive and have a strong focus on economics (not something I'm terribly interested in). The clincher however was when I asked my student guide about gender studies and my interest in this area she pretty much told me to go to American.

American has basically built itself up to be THE feminist law school, obviously something that appeals to me. Also a friend from college visited there and really liked the overall feeling of the school.

Yet, I would still like to see what will happen with GW. Unfortunately, the chances of me hearing from them before my seat deposit at American is due are slim. Ughhh....I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments: