Monday, October 27, 2003

Cars Are Funny

You may recall that about 8 months ago, I had to get a wheel-rim replaced on the Corolla because I ran into a curb while driving after an ice-storm. It sucked and it ended up costing about 150 bucks after the new rim and the alignment, etc. All in all, not too bad an experience, though I could have done without it.

Well, in a stroke of genius, I managed to bend another wheel rim, this time while driving in seventy-degree weather. This time, unlike last time, the tire went flat and I thought I had really screwed the rim up bad. It more or less put a damper on our weekend because we had to wait until today to go get it fixed and we had plans to go driving in the mountains to see the leaves change. This morning, really frickin' early, I went to Firestone, where I had it fixed last time. This time, they looked at it, took it back and beat it with a hammer and checked the balance, and then they handed it back to me. Charge: 12 bucks. I don't really know how this time is different from last, but it was, so I'm not complaining.

No comments: