Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our First Family Vacation

Our first family vacation to Fripp Island, South Carolina, was a roaring success. We can't thank the Staffords enough for welcoming us into their gorgeous island home. We frolicked, relaxed, read, played, swam, ate, laughed, and had a completely wonderful time. There are so many memories I want to remember here is but a small selection.

I want to remember the glee on Griffin's face when he crawled into the waves for the first time.


I want to remember how good it feels to laugh with old friends.

I want to remember lazy mornings spent reading and talking (with a bit of Just Dance for good measure) while the babies napped.

I want to remember the intense awe and gratitude I felt riding my bike across the marsh in the morning sunlight.

I want to remember the mussels so good I wanted to go swimming in the left over sauce.


I want to remember how much fun we had playing Monopoly Deal.

I want to remember how special it was to watch Kathleen and Griffin play together.



I want to remember all the beautiful wildlife on the island.

I want to remember Griffin's face when he took his first three steps in a row!


I want to remember everything.


No comments: